Weekly Class Assignment (Email this to your instructor):
1. A dog under anesthesia starts to breathe quickly. Give 3 monitoring parameters that would be different if the patient was:
Answer the Following
1. How is hypothermia corrected?
2. How is hypotension corrected?
1. What drug is given for bradycardia?
2. Give the normal heart rate, respiratory rate, temperature, and blood pressure (systolic) of a dog from one of your textbooks (you choose). Give the name of the book and the page number.
3. A healthy 70# dog is going to be anesthetized for a bone surgery. Using the rate given in the lecture, what fluid rate would he receive in ml/sec?
If you could only choose 3 instruments for anesthetic monitoring, what instruments would you choose and why?